Delhi Election 2015 – Know the top 15 highlights of the AAP’s Manifesto for Delhi polls
Ahead of Delhi Assembly polls on the 7th February, the Aam Addmi Party released its manifesto on the 31st January. It is a 70-point program and promises Delhiites free Wi-fi, cheap electricity and a women’s security force. In talking with the media, Kejriwal (the AAP Coordinator and chief ministerial candidate) said, “It is holy to us. The AAP’s manifesto is work of 4 months, it’s about what kind of Delhi we want. One where low class, middle class and everyone develops.” Here are the top 15 highlights of the AAP’s manifesto:
- It resolves to legislating the Delhi Jan Lokpal Bill just after coming to power.
- This party will legislate the Swaraj Act to give power directly to the Delhiites.
- By following the constitutional framework, it works for acquiring Delhi as a full state.
- It reduces the electricity bills by half.
- The party with the support of Auditor General of India and Comptroller conducts a comprehensive performance audit of discoms.
- The party coming into the power establishes Delhi’s own power station in order to solve the electricity problem for a long term.
- It offers the right to Delhiites to choose the one from several electricity providers.
- After coming back into the power, it supports a phased shift to alternate and renewable sources of energy such as Solar Energy.
- It makes Water as a Right for Delhiites and provides the access of clean drinking water to everyone at a cheaper rate.
- The party makes sure that every household in Delhi will have free lifeline water up to 20000 litres a month.
- It will give universal access to potable water to all Delhiites at an affordable and sustainable price.
- The party will make sure for the firm implementation of the HC order that states extra raw water from Haryana’s Munak canal.
- The government of the AAP will replenish and preserve local and decentralized water resources to augment Delhi’s water resources.
- The party is committed to destroy black market of Delhi’s powerful water mafia.
- After the win of Delhi Assembly Election and coming back into the power, it will take several steps like sewer treatment and control affluent discharge in order to revive the Yamuna.